Theme Install Troubleshooting (Genesis Themes)
Here are a few things to check:
- Make sure you are uploading the .zip files (sometimes computers will automatically unzip when you download them- if so, re-zip them)- I think this is your problem!!
- Make sure you upload the genesis.zip file FIRST and activate it
- Next, upload the theme.zip file (this will be labeled deco.zip, marble.zip, etc. depending on which theme you bought) and activate it (your theme will not work unless they are uploaded in this order)
- If you have uploaded the theme a couple of times and it has renamed it to theme-1.zip, it also will not work (same goes for Genesis). You need to delete the multiple copies and upload the original one- the theme.zip one. This goes for Genesis too.
- If you already have another theme installed that is the same name as the Bloom Blog Shop theme (e.g.: Lovely, Deco, or Simply Pro), you’ll have to delete it before uploading this new theme or else it won’t work.
- Make sure you are NOT using wordpress.com. Custom themes don’t work with wordpress.com sites- only self-hosted wordpress.org sites as stated in all my theme descriptions
How do I re-zip the theme files if my computer unzipped them automatically?
- On a mac, right click and select the compress option.
- On any other operations system, please Google how to.