Boss Pro: Import Demo Content
Before getting started...
- Install and activate your theme
- Install and setup any required plugins mentioned in your theme's setup tutorials.
Then - Import Demo Content
The theme's zip file contains a file called demo.xml - that file contains the demo content. This content includes sample posts, pages, menus, categories, products, etc. Make sure that you have installed and activated the theme's recommended plugins before attempting to import the demo conten.
How to Use the XML File to Import the Demo Site’s Content
- Go to Dashboard > Tools > Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo.xml using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the posts, comments, and categories into your blog.