Rustic: Front Page Widgets
Here's a video going over the front page widget areas:
You have two front page widget areas:
1. Front Page Hero (that big picture at the top of your homepage)
2. Front Page Content (this is where we will add a bunch of widgets to customize your homepage)
Go to Appearance > Widgets to see these widget areas:
- For the Front Page Hero widget area:
Add a text widget that says this (include the h1 tags) in the text, not visual editor of the text widget. Copy and paste this below into your text widget:
<h1>It does not matter how long it takes as long as you do not stop</h1>
Tip: Or, go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets > Front Page Hero > Open up the Text widget and edit the text there if you've imported the demo content!
2. Now, to set the image background, go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings > Hero Image. Upload an image at the recommended size of 1600 x 800px.
2. For the rest of the Front Page Content, go to Appearance > Widgets again and open up the Front Page Content widget area.
Here's what we have in the demo. I will walk you through the settings of each one above in the video. You simply stack whatever widgets you want and Rustic will automatically fix the placement!!
Here's the settings for each home page widget:
1. Email Subscribe: Here's a blog post from our blog on how to connect your form code from MailChimp and ConvertKit. It will show you how to add a form action in place of the # below. See below settings:
2. Bloom Featured Image & Content (the "What do you want to do with your life?" part on the demo).
Tip: The overlaid image is one single image that we created.
Tip: For the image URL, upload the image you want in your media library (go to Media > Add New). Once it's uploaded, click on the image and copy the Image URL. See below:
3. Bloom Image and Featured Content: Brand Story
4. Genesis Featured Posts: Add two of these!
5. Bloom Image + Featured Content: This is the shopping links on the demo.
6. Bloom Content Columns: This is the split content with a call-to-action button.